Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An experience of a different kind

Its been nearly 7 months since I have been in Kerala .My stay has been sour and sweet.At times I have cursed my fate, for me being put into a totally foreign land and at times,Pleasant experiences at kerala, has made me feel better and appreciate the opportunity given to me. But one aspect which always comes up, is the search for people belonging to our native land and to hear some one speak our native language. We understand the importance of our native language, long for the home food…and festivals which go by, only when we stay away from home far away and for a long period of time. A chanced meeting upon some from our native place,gives us tremendous pleasure and more so when we converse in the native language.There arises an insatiable thirst to talk in ones native language , then. We get adjusted to the life of a foreign land to such an extent, that we begin to behave Strangely in our own land ,ie confused which language to speak with general public, unknowingly ask for routes etc . There is a strange kind of cloud on our mind, which keeps us gloomy for a couple of days ,and it takes time to come to terms with the normal situation .If staying in Kerala has brought about such experiences , I wonder how would one feel when stayed in a different country for a considerable time . I look forward to having such an experience.

No comments: